Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A friend from a bus: Steven Greaves





When I packed my bag for a solo Kedarnath Jee trek, I have a question in my mind, alone Kedarnath Jee trek in the month of September, should I go or not?. Then an internal power and wish in my heart encouraged me to take the first step and move on.

I was not aware that one more solo trekker from the other part of the world is waiting to meet me. I met “Steven Greaves”, a professional photographer (“http://stevengreaves.com” ) based out at US on his fourth India tour to char dham yatra. 

We get a chance to say hello to each other when we both dropped down at Rudraprayag from the same bus and were searching for the next direction to follow to reach Shri Kedarnath Jee. We got a bus and here the friendship of two different culture starts. We sat on the same seat inside the bus and started sharing our plans and soon it became very easy between us to share our thoughts, cultures and stories about India. 

Steven is fond of “tea”, I must say he can survive without food but can’t survive without “tea”. We had N no. of tea’s together. I used to instruct the “chaiwala” to prepare tea with less sugar and more tea leaves so that it can turn brown and became strong. 

We took the room at same hotel and have shared many stories in cold night at the roof of the hotel with a cup of tea in our hands. We started the trek to shri Kedarnath Jee next early morning and on the way we met one more person “Sameer Arora” from Gurgaon who was also doing the solo trek and joined us. Now we became one to two and two to three. All of us done the trek together, spent some nice time at Kedarnath Jee and have some endless memories of sitting on the chair at chilling night at the top.

Rightly said “People say friends are made in heaven & they come in ur life,But I made my friend in this world & made my life a Heaven...”

9 comments: