Monday, September 14, 2015

Neelkanth trek and The Holy Ganga



It was 04:00 PM Friday evening when I decided to visit one of the holy places of Lord Shiva called "Neelkanth temple" with 14Km's of trek starting from Ram Jhula Rishikesh. 


What Hindu mythology says is, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple stands in the sacred location where Lord Shiva consumed the poison that originated from the sea when Devas (Gods) and Asuras (Demons) churned the ocean in order to obtain "Amrita". This poison that emanated during the (Samudramanthan) churning of ocean made his throat blue in color. Thus, Lord Shiva is also known as Nilkanth, literally meaning The Blue Throated.




Journey started at 07:00 PM from Gurgaon with one small bag and some money in pocket, caught a Volvo at 09:30 PM from Delhi ISBT, reached Rishikesh @04:10 early morning. With almost no sleep, food and tired body I did an experience of lifetime, I slept on a bench at Rishikesh busstand for 1 hour. Wasn’t it crazy, yes it is, and it became a lifetime memory for me now...


Took an auto and reached nearby Ram Jhula, had a cup of tea to regain some strength. I talked to me: Yes, I am all prepared to start now. Bam Bam bhole.




Trek started from Ram Jhula, asked about the trek path from many people on the way and finally got the right way to follow. Trek was easy for first few KM's but was getting steeper and steeper after few KM's. There were many groups of "Langoor's and Monkey's" on the way, that was the most scary part that too when you are all alone on the trek. The view of mountains were awesome, the river Ganga was visible from the top, many small water falls on the ways. Overall good trekking experince once again. I reached the temple in few hours (2-3 hours), did the holy Darshan of Lord Shiva's shivling and in next 1 hours I started back to Rishikesh.




Reached Rishikesh in few hours and explored Rishikesh till 02:00 PM. Then I decided to attend the holy Aarti of "The Ganga" at Haridwar. Again to make the experience more memorable, instead of Bus or taxi, I took an local auto to cover 25 Km's of distance from Rishikesh to Haridwar. It took approx. 1 hour or so and I was in Haridwar at 04:00PM. Started exploring some local shops and streets and touched the holy "Ganga" to get refreshed. As soon as I touched the holy water of Ganga I got my soul and body back with full energy. Put some fuel inside my body as I was very Hungry "had some local kachori's, Tea, Milk and at last some local Golgappa's". 




Now I went to the "Ghat" where the holy aarti will going to take place, I reached at "Ghat" @ 05:15 and sat there for about 1 hour watching/noticing people, their rituals and trying to gain some unique experiences. The "Aarti" preparations were started and clusters of people gathered all around the "Ghat" and on the other side of "Ghat" too. Time came and the holy "Aarti of Mother Ganga" started. I was standing in the first row near "River Ganga" and with the Pujaris who were doing the "Pooja". The experience was awesome and can't be explain in words. Its again a lifetime experience and one should only experience that ourselves. The "Aarti" finished, I took the Prashad and started towards Local busstand to catch the bus.








One unique experience which I would like to share, I met a person "Shoaib" with his 3 friends who was travelling to Shimla for work, 19'een years young kid with profession of “A Painter”. I talked to him for 30 mins to 1 hour as our buses were late. The comments which he gave to me will remain in my heart forever "Yogesh Bhai, you are a gem of a person, its impossible to met a guy like you in entire lifetime. You can bring a difference in anybody's life. I wish your all dreams comes true, Allah Hafis". I hugged him twice and said you will also shine like a star My Dear Friend “Good Luck”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment