Monday, September 21, 2015

Transportation and other useful details to reach Kedarnath jee Dham.





Before going to Shri Kedarnath jee I have read many blogs to gather information on how to reach Kedarnath jee and what preparations needs to be done if you are planning to go in the month of September (when peak time for char dham yatra is over). But truly speaking I found everything in bits and pieces so thought of sharing my experience so that it may help someone.


I completely used public transport from Gurgaon (Delhi NCR) to Gaurikund from where the trek for Kedarnath jee starts.


Transportation information:


From Gurgaon to Kedarnath Jee:


Gurgaon –Metro-> Delhi ISBT –Volvo-> Rishikesh –MiniBus-> Rudraprayag –Mini Bus-> Guptkashi –SharedCab-> Sonprayag –SharedCab-> Gaurikund -- Trek-> trek Kedarnathjee


I started from Gurgaon at 07:00 PM and took metro to reach Delhi ISBT (Delhi Bus stand), I was aware of the Volvo timings which starts at 09:30 PM from Delhi to Rishikesh. I took the Volvo which costs (704/- Rs.) and dropped me at Rishikesh at 03:00 AM.


I asked for the taxies and buses for Rudraprayag (people have wrote that we may get direct state transport buses at particular times for Sonprayag, but truly speaking I didn’t find any). I didn’t find any taxi (shared one) but there were local buses which are starting at 03:30 AM from Rishikesh to Rudraprayag. I took one and reached Rudraprayag at 09:00 AM.


Next I asked for Sonprayag/Gaurikund buses/taxies, unfortunately no direct commutation available. I took one more mini bus which dropped me at Guptkashi  at 11:00/11:30 AM. 


From Guptkashi I got a shared cab which dropped me at Sonprayag at 12:30/01:00 PM, there I have to wait for Kedarnath Jee permit and healthcheckups for trekking. I waited there till 04:00/04:30 PM and took a shared cab after all clearance to Gaurikund which is just 5 KM’s from Sonprayag.


I stayed at Gaurikund that night and started the trek early morning to Shri Kedarnath jee.


From Kedarnath jee to Gurgaon:


Sonprayag –SharedCab-> Rudraprayag --SharedCab-> Srinagar --SharedCab-> Haridwar/Rishikesh –AC Bus-> Delhi --PrivateCab-> Gurgaon


While coming back there was a huge landslide and I have to trek from Kedarnath jee to Sonprayag. It was very cold and raining at Kedarnath jee because of which I started my way back at 08:30 AM and trekked 21KM’s to reach Sonprayag at 12:30/01:00 PM. And here the task to come back to Gurgaon started.


No taxi/No buses to dropped me at a place from where I can reach Rishikesh, somehow I got a cab after 30 mins or so and upon many requests by people he agreed to dropped us to Rudraprayag with little extra money. 


Again from Rudraprayag there is no direct cab/bus for Rishikesh, we got a shared cab from Rudraprayag to Srinagar. And from Srinagar we got a shared cab to Rishikesh/Haridwar. I reached Haridwar at 09:30 PM and there is a AC bus of uttarkhand from Haridwar to Delhi ISBT at 10:00. Boarded the bus and finally reached Delhi at 03:00/03:30 AM, now from Delhi to Gurgaon I booked a cab and reached home at 05:00’ish. 


This was the whole journey and the taxi/buses details to reach to the places.

Things to remember:

1#    Always have waterproof shoes, I was having sport shoes which put me in trouble during rain.

1#   Always have a proper meal before medical checks as I was not having anything since 24 hours and because of which my BP was showing little low.

1#    Rain coat is must, I was not having rain coat with me so I purchased temporary raincoat which was of very little effect.

1#   Proper woolen clothes as it is always cold at Kedarnath Jee.

1#   Limited luggage during trekking.

1#   New trek is very steep at some places so don’t rush.

1#   You will find medical camps during the yatra but recommended to have necessary pain killers and paracetamols.

1#   Woolen Cap is must as the breeze is very cold at the top.

5 comments:

  1. Thank for sharing this yogesh, really informative. Good One and keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @Rajneesh. I hope it may help someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really good blog and very information, we are providing tempo traveller rental services for kedarnath yatra Book tempo traveller for kedarnath for local and outstation, we have Delhi to kedarnath Tempo Traveller you can rent 12 seater, 17 seater , 20 seater , 26 seater Tempo traveller for kedarnath yatra or any other Destination ~ JBL Tempo Traveller Rentals Delhi NCR ~ 9999029051
    Our location :
    F28, 1A, DLF Phase 3, Sector 24, Gurugram, Haryana 122002

    ReplyDelete