Thursday, September 24, 2015

Trek to Kedarnath Jee Dham




 Nature cannot be captured in clicks, so truly said. This page is about Kedarnath Jee Dham, where nature is at its best. One of the scared, holy, religious and at the same time most beautiful yet dangerous places to visit and trek. Whole trek was full of lush green blanket of trees with huge mountains, singing river alongside, cool breeze to refresh your body and soul, welcoming waterfalls, overall the nature with open arms was inviting you to collect the undiminished memories for lifetime.  



 So, to beat the stress and to lost in the nature’s beauty I decided to go to Kedarnath Jee trek. I was very unsure how would I be able to do it solo. Fortunately, I am lucky to took a step forward alone and all I have is unlimited memories for lifetime. Kedarnath Jee is a religious and one of the most scared place situated right in the interiors of Uttarkhand. 





 The trek is starting from either Sonprayag (21KM’s) or from Gaurikund (16KM’s) to Kedarnath Jee temple. I decided to stay overnight at Gaurikund to get myself adapt to low oxygen levels. Trek started at early morning from Gaurikund, the first few KM’s were not very tough and the trek was simple, but it became steeper and steeper after few KM’s. The view alongside can’t be explained in words, truly saying its can just be experienced. The more distance you trekked, the more beautiful the nature becomes. Huge range of mountains were greeting you like “Guests” . Wow the hushing river, big tress, landslides, waterfalls, big big stones, steep trek, long dry glaciers, 75 degree shortcuts, tea shops, Cold water what else a human can expect from nature. The positive pulse can be felt with each and every step. It was getting more peaceful with your approach towards temple. Finally we (me, Steve and Sameer) http://yogeshraheja007.blogspot.com/2015/09/a-friend-from-bus-steven-greaves.html completed the trek and reached the Holy Temple “Shri Kedarnath Jee”.


We reached the temple at 01:00 PM and were lucky to do rituals (“Pooja”).  We sat near to the Shivling for approx. 45mins or so. With heart full of faith, mind full of respect and pulses full of positive vibes I folded my hands and pour my only wish in front of “Lord Shiva”. Miracle happened as I saw it got accepted by “Lord Shiva” as soon as I closed my eyes, I saw the dream is fulfilled which I dreamed of. That was the most precious moment of my life. I wish that could live forever in my heart.
 




I decided to stay there for a night to attend the Holy Aarti at 06:30 PM, took a tent which is having a sleeping bags as it was raining cats and dogs since 12:00 noon and the temperature was very low. The mountains with snow were visible just behind the temple and the scenic beauty was unbelievable. I attended the Aarti at 06:30 PM which was again a lifetime experience. The Shiving was looking very beautiful and was appearing that will speak to me at anytime. As soon as the Aarti got finished, I returned back to the tent, had a cup of tea and spent some good time with Steve and Sameer outside our tents.





It was raining whole night, we got up at 06:00 AM  so that we can start early. But the rain was heavy and once it got bit slow it was 08:30 AM. Finally we decided to start the trek in little shower. The trek was wet and more dangerous now. The beauty of the trek in rain was again superb!!.. We reached Gaurikund at 12:00 noon and got to know that there was a landslide on the way so we have to trek another 5 KM’s from Gaurikund to Sonprayag. It was again an amazing trek and we reached Sonprayag at 01:15 AM. And here the jounery of cab’s/taxi’s and buses started to reach back to home.







This trek was again not an easy, I would say its an moderate trek for those who are used to trek and mountains. I would also suggest you to check the attached link for more information on how to reach at Kedarnath Jee. http://yogeshraheja007.blogspot.com/2015/09/transportation-and-other-useful-details.html.

2 comments: